Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Still in Greece!

So basically, the past few days since Friday have been a blur. It’s Wednesday now and all I’ve been doing every day is existing in the town of Alexandropolis.


My daily routine consists of waking at about 9 am and getting out of the tent as the sun turns it into an easy bake oven. Get a little bit of breakfast (bowl of muesli) and go straight to the beach for a bit of danger tanning, then straight under the umbrella (which also lets the sun through I unfortunately found out) to read my book. I’m reading Birds Of Prey by Wilbur Smith, and although my literary recommendations don’t have nearly as much influence as Oprah Winfrey, I like to think they’re not far behind! I defo’ recommend it though.

Anyway, after that we usually partake in a spot of luncheon on the beach (with Lidl’s finest culinary delights) or at the campsite eatery, which although not that bad, it’s not that good either.

Finally, after a tough day under the umbrella, having to constantly move your seat into the shade, we generally retire to the tent side to marvel at the delights Janer has prepared. Then, this is often followed by a doovde while trying not to be devoured by the mossies. Only two bites in the past 4 days, not too shabby I must say!!!

Last night, after all our slothly ways, myself and Podge finally decided to go for a 30 min run along the road outside the campsite. Though going, but got through it in the heat and with the odd blast of exhaust fumes filling the lungs. When we got back to the campsite, it was cold showers all round. I’ve never been so hot in my life!! That was the first time I’d been out of the campsite since we got here last Friday. I haven’t really left an area the size of 2 acres since getting here.

There you go, that’s what we’ve been up to for the past 6 days… pretty much nothing. Hopefully we’ll get to head for Turkey (again) by the weekend and finally get out of Greece!

No comments:

Post a Comment