Saturday, August 14, 2010

Smell ya later Greece!

We finally got the jeep’s Log Book in the post on Wednesday from the lovely Geraldine Nugent in the Department of Transport back in Ireland, thanks a million Geraldine!!!

Yesterday, we collected our Carnet de Passage (which allows us to enter African countries with the jeep) from a DHL office in Xanthi about 100 km away. Well, Podge and Janer collected it, I fecked about in the campsite on the beach. I’m feeling a bit institutionalised and may find it difficult to leave if I don’t get out soon. It’s like Goundhog Day, but without the Groudhog, snow, Bill Murray, and each day is a different day of the week. Ok, it’s nothing like Grounghog day. But you get my meaning!

Today (Saturday) we can at last get on the move again and head into Turkey! Good bye Greece, it’s been real!!!

P.S. We may be back yet; we have to get across the border first, but fingers crossed! Come on the Turkey; first stop Gallipoli (the place where the war happened where all the thousands of Ozzies were slaughtered in WWI), remember the film… Mel Gibson… before he had an American accent? No? Then we’re heading on to Troy just below it … Brad Pitt … Eric Banner?

Oh, on another note, I finished my book, Birds Of Prey. Swashbuckling tales from the high seas, amazing! Then I embarrassingly read a book Janer had; Percy Jackson. It’s the ‘new Harry Potter’. Yes, I am ashamed, but I’d nothing else to read! We watched the movie version last night, what a complete pile of steaming poo.

Hmmm, it appears I’ve gone on a bit of a rant. I’ll leave it here so. God speed. Onwards to Turkey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment